The 2017 Kia Sedona has been awarded its best rating possible, the Top Safety Pick Plus (TSP+) from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Already distinguished by its elegant design, exceptional comfort and utility, the 2017 Sedona is offered with available Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), a system that helps to avoid forward collisions by warning the driver of an impending forward collision and then applying the brakes if no action is taken. The addition of AEB qualified the 2017 Sedona for the elevated 2016 IIHS TSP+ rating.The top rating is even more impressive in light of the new testing standards implemented by IIHS this year. In order to achieve the TSP+ rating, vehicles are required to earn “good” ratings in five crashworthiness tests—small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side impact, roof strength and head restraints—and an “advanced” or “superior” rating for front crash prevention. The addition of AEB boosts the Sedona’s front crash prevention rating from “basic” to “superior.”
“Buyers often place safety at the top of their list when shopping for a new minivan. The IIHS is a highly respected safety authority and we see the 2017 Sedona’s TSP+ rating as validation of Kia’s dedication to its customers and to the continuous efforts to build better and safer vehicles.” Orth Hendrick, VP Product Planning, Kia Motors America
The 2017 Kia Sedona offers some key enhancements over the 2016 model, including:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is added to a rich mix of available Advanced Driver Assisted System (ADAS) features: Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Departure Warning (LDWS), and Smart Cruise Control (SCC).
- UVO3 e-Services3 system (with the added smart-phone connectivity of Apple®4 CarPlayTM and Android5 AutoTM and Navigation system with larger 7-inch display screen. Navigation with 8-inch screen is also available.
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL) technology is combined with an upgraded High-Intensity-Discharge headlight system for even greater nighttime visibility.
- The enhanced Essentials Premium Package now includes Front & Rear Park-Assist1, Smart Key, UVO3 with rear camera, and leather trim.
- A new available Acoustic Windshield provides a supremely quiet driving experience.
All of the advanced safety systems Kia has in place demonstrates their ongoing commitment in keeping their drivers safe on the road. Kia Sorento’s Top Safety Pick + rating upholds their strong safety record and the integrity of their products.
Learn more about the features and technology of the 2017 Kia Sedona here.